Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a HP ColorLaserJet CP1215. I need to know its toner…

Customer Question
I have a HP ColorLaserJet...
I have a HP ColorLaserJet CP1215. I need to know its toner levels so I can order in advance so as not to be cut short if the printer suddenly stops printing for lack of toner in one cartridge. There were ways to access toner information levels in previous versions of Windows, but I can't find this access in Windows 10.
Could you please advise how to access toner level information from Windows 10.
Thank you.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Printers
2/23/2016
Technician: Jason Jones, Technician replied 2 years ago
Jason Jones, Technician

I am the person that will be helping you today.

You will be able to see the levels of toner after installing the HP software for this printer. The aforementioned software can be downloaded for free from the following page: http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-Color-LaserJet-CP1000-Printer-series/3422474/model/3422475

After that software is installed, you can view the levels of toner in the same as you were able to before.

I look forward to hearing your feedback concerning whether or not your problem is fixed.

I hope to hear back that all is working. If this is so, please do not forget to rate my help on the top of this page (choose the number of stars and click the Submit button). If it is not, please respond below.

I will be standing by,
Jason

I down loaded the page you sent me, and received this reply: "HP has scanned your product but currently has no suggestions for driver updates."
My problem of how to view my toner levels is therefore still unresolved.Malcolm

Thank you for the update. May I start a secure remote assistance session with you so that I can better help you resolve this problem? When the remote session begins, a chat window will appear that we can use to communicate with each other.

I don't think there is any point in continuing this discussion further because I don't think there is anything wrong with my printer. It prints on command, and I can view what is printing and all that, and the trouble shooter tells me there is nothing wrong with the printer. It seems that the real problem is in Windows 10, which cannot tell the printer to reveal its toner levels. I am sure the printer would reveal its toner levels if given the correct command. It always did with previous Windows versions. I understand there are plenty of problems with Windows 10, and for me, this is one of them. Thank you for your help so far. Regards, Malcolm.

If I remote into your system, I can fix the problem just as I have thousands of times before.

Thank you Jason, but no thanks. With due respect, I do not agree with remote control of my computer.
Thank you for your help so far.
Regards,
Malcolm

Thank you. There i

I have run out of ideas.

For this reason, I am opting out of the question and allowing another expert the chance to help.

The next expert will see all that is on this page, so there will be no need to repeat anything.

When another expert picks this up, you will be notified by email.

Thank you for your patience.

- Jason

not much else I can do without taking a look at the problem.

Technician: Robert M., Consultant replied 2 years ago
Robert M., Consultant

the issue is not that something is wrong with the printer.

It is what drivers you are using for the computer to talk to the printer

windows 10 may have put its own driver software in. That will allow you to print. But some of the extras such as checking toner levels may not be included the way they would be if you used the driver software from HP.

those can be gotten from this website

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-Color-LaserJet-CP1000-Printer-series/3422474/model/3422475

You can also TRY going to the devices and printers section and double click on the printer

one of the options on the page that comes up may show ink levels

OR

If it is connected by WIFI putting the IP address of the printer into your web browser will usually give you a page that shows things like ink levels

OR

There should be a selection on the menu on the printer itself that will show toner levels

usually it would be under maintenance or tools but there arent that many settings in there you can probably check all of them in a few minutes