Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 12+ years experience.
59725966

I have the Stylus Photo R2880. I replaced the empty LC

Customer Question

I have the Stylus Photo R2880. I replaced the empty LC cartridge and the new cartridge is not recognized (it's Epson). therefore printer will not print. Help!
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, Howie.

There are a few possible causes of this issue, including a bad cartridge, internal debris/contamination, or a hardware failure (bad printhead, bad logic board, faulty sensor, etc).

What we can try are some cleaning and reset steps.

First remove all of the ink cartridges, then clean the metal electrical contacts on the back, as well as where they mate up inside the printer, using qtips and rubbing alcohol. Dry well, then reseat the cartridges.

Then reset the machine:
unplug power at the wall outlet
wait 5 minutes
press and hold the power/on button for 60+ seconds
keep holding while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after, then release

Let me know the results, and I'll advise further if needed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what additional details do you need?
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Well I didn't ask for any more details yet, but did you actually attempt the above cleaning and reset steps that I sent?

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hi Howie, Have you done the cleaning yet, or do you need any more help with this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a sick kid. No time yet to clean printer
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

No worries, take your time. I just wanted to make sure you were not waiting on me. Feel free to get back in touch at your convenience.