Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My brothers printer mfc-9325cw started to make a grinding…

Customer Question
Hi my brothers printer...

Hi my brothers printer mfc-9325cw started to make a grinding noise on the right side of the printer when it starts up and prints

Technician's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

I replaced the toners like it said for me to do then as soon as that happened the grinding noise started so i took all the toners out and replaced them back in the machine and turned it back on and the noise started again

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Printers
2/22/2016
Technician: WesPCDr, Technician replied 2 years ago
WesPCDr
WesPCDr, Technician

Hi, I can help with the printer issue.

Open the printer cover and look inside for debris. Remove any loose paper or items that may be stuck inside the printer.

If there is nothing stuck inside, then the problem is a broken gear causing the grinding noise.The gear is not easy to replace and will need to be replaced by a printer repair specialist.

Check if your printer is under warranty first so you can get a free replacement.

WesPCDr
WesPCDr
WesPCDr, Technician