Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Hp deskjet pro 8610- proper set up faxing?

Customer Question
hp deskjet pro 8610- proper...
hp deskjet pro 8610- proper set up for wireless faxing?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Printers
2/21/2016
Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 2 years ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, Dan.

There is no such thing as wireless faxing.

While the machine itself is capable of connecting to wifi, so that you can scan and print, if you wish to send/receive faxes, the Hp would still require a physical connection to a landline telephone. It does not fax via the network/internet connection.

how exactly do I connect them together?

I'm not quire sure what you are as*****, *****. Connect what together?

i need you to walk me through where I plug my phone into the fax , etc.
for example where on the fax do I plug the line from my phone, and where on the fax do I plug the wall connection

Right on the back of the printer, there is a phone jack/port there, labeled as Wall/Line/1, plug a regular telephone cord from the phone wall jack to that point on the back of the printer.

If you are using a phone also, you would plug that into the #2 (tel/ext) port on the back of the printer.

when I do that, I get a radio station on my phone...

http://support.hp.com/doc-images/243/c02896481.gif

Above is what the back of your machine looks like.
The bottom port goes to the phone wall jack, the top one goes to your phone.

If you are hearing a radio station, there is interference being picked up somewhere or you aren't using the right cords/ports.

ok, this is apparently a phone line issue. Thanks for the effort.

You're very welcome.

You may be able to get around it by plugging just the fax to the wall port, and use the phone on a different jack instead of chaining them together.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please rate my service; hopefully I have earned 5 Stars. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1QwLxGh and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a good day,

Did you need any more help with this, Dan?