Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Pro715 Have changed ink cart many times and still get the…

Customer Question
pro715 Have changed ink cart many...
pro715
Have changed ink cart many times and still get the same message (thet the black
cart. not intalled ) Have done many many times. What else can I do?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Printers
2/21/2016
Technician: Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist replied 2 years ago
Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Please try the following and let me know the response.

Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.
Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself. Inside means the printhead where the cartrdige seats.
Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.
If any of the other cartridges are low, empty, leaking or bulging replace them.
Then turn off the machine and unplug it for 5 minutes.
Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message.
Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there.

Thank you.

S H E F I N