Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience:  A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

Printer says open door, clear carriage jam and then press OK

Customer Question

Printer says open door, clear carriage jam and then press OK to continue
Category: Printers
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

Whats the full name brand and model of the printer, and what have you tried so far?

Thank you,

Dustin S.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HP Photosmart C5280 All in One
Not sure how to fix it
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

This can sometimes be caused by crumpled up paper in the carriage area.. Which can physically block the carriage from moving. You also want to make sure the carriage can move freely by hand and move it all the way left and all the way right so you can see if there is any debris or paper stuck in the machine.

The video below, covers the entire process to repair that error from beginning to end.

https://youtu.be/GezwySe1GT4

If you get stuck at any point or if these steps do not solve the issue, please send a reply and let me know. And if this does work and you are able to clear the error, please remember to return here and click and submit a rating to show I assisted you.

Thank you!

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent ( 5 stars ) selected and submitted below this answer or at the top right of the screen. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.