Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

I have a Fuji-Xerox DocuCentre IV C2260 and I have just

Customer Question
connected it using a USB...
I have a Fuji-Xerox DocuCentre IV C2260 and I have just connected it using a USB cable to my computer. How do I set it up to print now? (I am getting error messages when trying to print). My IT guy had previously set it up to communicate through a switch and router, which was receiving a signal from another router in another room, but now I am not using ADSL through that other router, I am actually using my Wifi through my personal hotspot on my iPhone.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Printers
2/20/2016
Technician: Robert M., Consultant replied 1 year ago
Robert M., Consultant

the printer on your computer is set up to find the actual printer on the network.

It may have made a new one in the devices and printers folder and if you use that one it will print

or you can install it using the software on this page

http://onlinesupport.fujixerox.com/processDriverForm.do?lang_code=en&corp_pid=DCIVC2270&model=DocuCentre-IV+C2270&type_id=2&oslist=Windows+7+64bit&lang_list=en

You might also be able to just switch the port on the printer in the devices and printers folder

right click on it and select PRINTER PROPERTIES

click on the ports tab

switch it to one of the usb ports. one of them should work.

If you want to spend a little bit more i can log in remotely and do it for you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks Robert. After I spoke to you I had a guy from Fuji-Xerox over here and he did exactly what you said, so it now works for printing. What it doesn't do is work for scanning. Are you able to instruct me in relation to this? I'd love to accept your offer of extra service but I really can't afford it and in any case, I will not be at my desk for most of today. Can you write up the answer for me? Many thanks

How are you doing the scanning.

Usually it works better if you use a scanning program on the computer rather than just pushing the button on the printer

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I've had this printer for about 4 years and I've always done the printing via the printer, because it gives you the option of being able to scan to the desktop computer or laptop (via Wifi). The laptop is not necessary now so just to be able to scan to the desktop PC would be sufficient. I can't understand why it won't scan now; it's connected via USB port and prints well. Is there some other setting on the actual printer that needs fixing?

its probably the same issue that you had to fix on the printing end. the computer doesn't know where the printer is and the printer would be trying to send the scan through a network that it is no longer connected to.

Re installing it would probably fix it.

But i would try doing the scan from the computer just to see if that half knows where the scanner is now.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I wouldn't even know how to scan from my computer. There isn't an app installed on the computer to allow scanning from there.

one should have been installed with the printer

or there might be one that came with the computer operating system as well

do you know what operating system you are using ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Windows 10

there is a scanning app included in windows 10

if it is not obvious on the start menu

type scan in the search box and it should pop up

this has a few more details and diagrams

http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/how-to-scan-documents-in-windows-10.html

if it shows no scanners let me know

if it shows one that does not work click on the scanner name and see if there are 2 with the same name and use the other one.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
There appears to only be a Windows Scanner or "Advanced IP scanner"???
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I looked at that Dummies page. I don't have an "All Apps" button

Try the windows scanner

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi Robert. I'm going to see if Fuji Xerox can solve this problem for me today and if not I will get you to do the phone/remote. I will also rate you even if Fuji Xerox helps me. Sorry for the delay. Kylie

ok thanks. i made the remote as cheap as i could for you. It is less than half the normal price. I just think it would be a lot faster and easier for both of us if i could just see what is happening so i could fix it.

thanks. I would appreciate the rating very much. Your rating is the only way that i can receive any credit from this site for my efforts.

Robert M., Consultant