Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I just bought a new HP Photosmart 5260, but am having

Customer Question
problems with the printing....
I just bought a new HP Photosmart 5260, but am having problems with the printing. The print diagnostic page shows that magenta does not print at all. I have followed the on-line directions for cleaning the printing heads and cartridges and have taken out and put each cartridge back in, making sure it was seated properly. I checked the vent on the magenta cartridge and it is open. Also, when I print a word document, the print does not look black. It looks more of a bluish color. I hate to go to the trouble of sending back the printer. What else can I do?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Printers
2/20/2016
Technician: Michelle, Printer Expert replied 2 years ago
Michelle
Michelle, Printer Expert

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

I am sorry to know that you are facing problem with your printer, let me the problem a bit more in detail. The printer is not printing megenta and Black?

How old is the printer.