John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

My Canon ink absorber is all most full need to fix that and

Customer Question

My Canon ink absorber is all most full need to fix that and my printer MX700 will not print in black now are they related
Category: Printers
Expert:  Harold Hanna replied 1 year ago.

Hello Steve. This is usually two separate issues but could possibly be related if the ink absorber is so full it does not allow it to print at all. How long have you had the printer?

Please let me know if you are still available and we can discuss how to properly clean the ink absorbers or where to purchase new ones. It is likely the error has stopped your printer from printing and needs to be resolved first.

From your printers manual --

"The machine has a builtin ink absorber to hold the ink used during Print Head cleaning. This error indicates the ink absorber is nearly full. However, because printing is disabled once the ink absorber becomes completely full and until the ink absorber is replaced, you are recommended to contact your Canon service representative as early as possible in regards ***** *****" I can assist you with either cleaning the ink absorber or purchase of a new one.