Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Have Epson r1900. I send printing ,the tray go to end and…

Customer Question
hi have Epson r1900. I send...
hi have Epson r1900.
I send printing ,the tray go to end and print something in the left side on the sponge.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Printers
2/18/2016
Technician: Electronics Pete, Engineer replied 2 years ago
Electronics Pete

Hi Ron,
Test the printer on a different computer, or try updating the print driver on your own computer to rule out any software glitch.
Let me know what all applications you have tried printing from, and if the problem occurs when printing from all applications..
Pete.

Dear Pete,
before i made a contact with you i tried on 3 different computers.
the driver is the last from Epson site.
i try to explain again the situation:
1 i open the printer ,the head print move from right to left several time and in the end stom in the right side,green light is light.
2. i send printing of nozzle check,the tray move 5-10 cm return 2-4 cm and after move to the end,the headprint move to left side and move a little ,after move to right side.when you look in the sponge in left side you see tht the headprint print a vertical line.
i will make in the morning video and will send you link to download.
thank you
ron negri

Ok, looking forward to seeing the video.

Pete.

Good morning Pete,
this is the link to download 2 video's.
i think you can see exectly what happens.
Regards
Ron Negri
I forgot the link!!!
Download linkhttp://we.tl/cd5OZOse3r

Hi Ron,

Thanks for the videos, that really helps!

If the driver is correct and the page is set up correctly, then the problem must be with the printer itself - either the firmware on it has gotten corrupt, or more likely there is a fault with the print head and it is not driving to the correct location, but depositing all of the ink in one location instead.

what i need to check or to do?
the head print is new.
i checked the conectors twice and very carefully.
ron

Was the head recently replaced?

Did the problems just start after the head was replaced?

Although the connections are good, are any wires loose or damaged?

Dear Pete,
I checked many times the all conectors.
this machine did not worked a year.
when i opend the machine was problem with the led of inks,
i replace the CSIC the card that read the ink,after this i tried to print and not succseed .
after i replaced the headprint and the problem is a same.
we need to find why the tray run to the end.
Regards
Sorry i was not clear.
the CSIC the i replaced fix the problem.

Hi Ron, is the problem now fixed?

Hi Pete
When I replaced the CSIC (month ago)the problem of the inks fixed.
the problem still same.
Regards

Ok, let me see if another expert has any further ideas on this one...

Dear Pete,
we need some one that know how the Epson printers work.
Regards
ron
Dear Pete,
any news,i still waiting.
Electronics Pete
Electronics Pete
Electronics Pete, Engineer