Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My OKI C830 printer makes only yellow streaks. I tried

Customer Question
My OKI C830 printer...

My OKI C830 printer makes only yellow streaks. I tried cleaning the LED head. No luck.

Technician's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Printer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.

All colors work fine except yellow. Wherever there is yellow, it is streaked on the paper

Technician's Assistant: Sometimes printer issues that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Printer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Printer Technician should be aware of?

I used non a non genuine toner from a third party for all colors, but yellow is the only issue

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Printers
2/18/2016
Technician: MasterFixIt, Technician replied 2 years ago
MasterFixIt
MasterFixIt, Technician

Hi, I am tech Michael.

How old is your Printer and has it gotten a lot of use?

Also may I have the FULL model # ***** your printer?

Thank you

Tech Michael

printer is 5 yrs old and has had only myself printing infrequently. 10825 color pages printed. all image drums have been replaced a few years ago.
OKI -C830C-12D8E0 is model

Hi thanks for that info. This one needs a new print head is all. They wear out and eventually clog with no way by design to clean them Also the tiny ink pumps fail as well in the head.

But fortunately this is a pretty easy task and these new heads come with will written instructions for replacement, anyone can do this ;-)

I will help if you need me. The best thing to do is contact Staples or Best Buy better yet, and see if they have your print heads in stock, sometimes these are special order but they can get one for you.

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service thus far.EXCELLENT (5 Stars) would be greatly appreciated.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you and have a great day!

Tech Michael