Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

We have a canon mx700 copier printer that since we got our…

Customer Question
We have a canon mx700...
We have a canon mx700 copier printer that since we got our new computer it has not been hooked up. My son-in-law could not get it to work. Any ideas for me please would be appreciated. I believe there are questions on this page that he sent. They may help.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/17/2016
Technician: Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician replied 2 years ago
Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician

I'm sorry about the issue. What's the model of your new computer?

Is the printer still working with the old computer, if you still have it?

Is the printer connected to the computer with a USB cable? Or is the connection wireless?

What did he try? Was there any error or message?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Are you currently able to make a copy from the printer's glass (not printing from the computer)?

- Can you please click on the Canon website below:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/support-inkjet-printer/mx-series/pixma-mx700?tab=drivers

, then there, select your Operating System.

- For Windows computer, if you do not see any setup file, then select Windows 8, then download and install the item MX700 series Mini Master Setup (Windows 8.1/8/7/Vista/XP/2000) (it will work for Windows 10 also).

- (For Mac computer, if it does not show the Printer Driver, then select OS X Mavericks v10.9, then download and install bot the CUPS Printer Driver and Scanner Driver (it will work for new Mac OS X version also.)

When you are available, please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.

Do you still need help with this issue? Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.

If you still need help with this issue or with anything else, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. If needed, I can connect remotely to your computer, and fix this issue directly for you. If everything is fine, can you please take a moment to rate my service by clicking on the 5-star icon at the top, then click on Submit when it shows up. Thank you very much,