Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My printer (Epson stylus CX4800) ran out of ink and when I…

Customer Question
My printer (Epson stylus CX4800)...
My printer (Epson stylus CX4800) ran out of ink and when I went to install the new cartridges it said in the instructions to remove the yellow tabs. None of them had a yellow tab, but I figured maybe they quit using them. After I installed the cartridges I am getting absolutely no ink. I have changed the cartridges before and not had a problem. I double checked that I bought the correct cartridges for my model printer and I did.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Printers
2/17/2016
Technician: Sowrav D., Engineer replied 2 years ago
Sowrav D.
Sowrav D., Engineer

Do you have checked the nozzles on the cartridge there must be some seal on them, otherwise there is no reason for this fault, unless you have replaced only one cartridges, because if it is only one cartridge then, it can have manufacturing defect and the store should replace it.

I am slow to respond to your answer because the screen I logged in on said to wait for response. After about 40 min. I checked my e-mails and found your reply.I replaced all the cartridges. The place where it should have had the yellow tag I think has a seal that does not seem easy to take off. I do not want to take something off that should not come off.
When you say check the nozzles on the cartridge, I don't know where they would be. Can you be more specific?