Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Epson XP-100 The start button + paper and ink leds are all…

Customer Question
Epson XP-100 The start button +...
Epson XP-100
The start button + paper and ink leds are all blinking at the same time. Paper is full, all inks are full, and there are no obstructions anywhere. What do I do next?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Printers
2/17/2016
Technician: Harold Hanna, Engineer replied 2 years ago
Harold Hanna
Harold Hanna, Engineer

Hello Gary how are you today? Has anything recently been changed that may have started this problem?

not that I am aware of

OK the ink cartridges and everything like that have not been recently swapped out? Please unplug power from the printer. We will leave it unplugged for approximately five minutes. Then we will reattach power and see if there are any changes.

not that I am aware of
ok
no, its disconnected

OK we will wait a couple of minutes. I will also look up that printer model. There are three LEDs blinking total? What color are they blinking?

not that I am aware of
ok
no, its disconnected
it's on again
all leds+the startbutton are blinking

OK when you say not that you are aware of is this in an office setting where someone else may have changed something?

not that I am aware of
ok
no, its disconnected
it's on again
all leds+the startbutton are blinking
no, I am the only user

Are you able to open the Epson software on your computer to get a more direct error?

it says to remove any paper blocked in there but there is nothing there. it is clean

Also try the following. With the printer turned off, hold down all buttons on the printer, and continue holding down while pressing the power button. This should attempt a reset of the printer. Was anything recently stuck in the printer that you had to remove?

I just tried that but it didn't work. nothing has blocked since I got the printer

Did it do anything or attempt to turn on as normal?

It tried to start but the message came up again

Is the message coming up on the printer or computer? Are you able to remove the paper tray on that model and insert it back in?

The message is on the computer. The paper tray does not come out

Try to turn it off again, and press the right three buttons while turning on the power. The manual I am looking at seem to show 4 buttons in addition to power? Try the right three when turning it on.

You can also try to reseat the cartridges in case for some reason this is the problem. Printers are not always the best at explaining their errors.

I've just tried that but the result is the same. There are three buttons + power; the two leds on the right have one button for both

I am having trouble finding that printer's manual for some reason. Please let me know if this is what the printer looks like -

http://copynews.net/fix-epson-xp-100-red-light-blinking.html

no that's not the one .Mine has a scanner on top.

It doesn't seem like it from your description since you say the buttons are on the right, but this is described as an Epson xp-100... so don't understand why it's different.

OK understood, it is a 100 and not 1000?

I am unable to access the ink cartridges because both red leds are flashing

When you open the cover do the cartridges come to the center or do they stay in the same place?

There is also a way on the computer to select maintenance when looking at the printer information, and tell the printer that you want to exchange cartridges.

They only ever come to the centre when the ink is low. The computer says it is not an ink problem but a paper jam problem.

I do understand but it is usually simple to change out the cartridges will sometimes fix the problem. It is usually something simple to try that may end up with it working, just like removing power was an attempt. I have been trying to find the exact method to reset the printer but haven't been able to find a manual on your printer yet for some reason. I think a reset will likely help you.

I have tried everything I can think of at this point. I will opt out so another expert can attempt to assist you. It would be better if I could find a manual but maybe someone else would be able to. They will be able to see this thread so you will not have to re-explain information. Good luck!

I have to leave now because it's getting late and I have to feed and look after my horses. that will take me a couple of hours.
Technician: Michael Hannigan, Technician replied 2 years ago
Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Technician

Hello. Thank you for coming to JustAnswer.

Sorry for the delay and thank you for your patience. My name is Michael. I will be helping you with your question today.

Please let me know if there as any additional information that you think might be pertinent to your question. If I don't hear back from you, I'll provide the best answer I can based on the information you've given so far. You will still be able to reply with additional information or questions at any point during our conversation, and I'll revise the my answer accordingly.

I have found the manual for you if you need it:

http://bitli.es/MsboYX

And here's a trick that might get rid of the error.... Insert a piece of card stock or similar in the printer and puts it through the paper path in the normal direction of the paper with the printer unplugged. Then turn it over and give it a little shake and try again. This works surprisingly often. But if it doesn't, then I suspect you have a damaged sensor in need of replacement.

Hi Michael,
I have solved the problem. After a good night's sleep I woke up with an idea. I gave it a good clean with 150 psi air.
It is now working; it appears that the problem was just dust as there was no paper or any other obstruction.
Thank you for your time and have a good day!

That is great news.

I woudl appreciate a moment of your time to rate my level of service using the OK, Good, or Excellent rating icons.