Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My MX726 printer prints in double image, what has happen? it…

Customer Question
My MX726 printer prints in...
My MX726 printer prints in double image, what has happen? it will print perfect paterns
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Printers
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
2/17/2016
Technician: Russell H., Printer and Office Tech replied 2 years ago
Russell H., Printer and Office Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I would like to help with the problem. I need to mention: I am in the Eastern USA Time Zone, and I may have to sleep within several hours. But if we cannot get in touch today, I will be online again tomorrow morning and keep working on the problem.

If I cannot arrange Secure Remote Assistance soon, then I'd like to ask:

- What Windows version is on your computer, that you print from?

- or if it's an Apple computer, what MAC OS X version is on it?

- Is your printer networked (Wireless connection or wired), or is it directly connected by a USB cable?

- What program are you printing from when you get the double image? does the double image show up when printing from other programs on your computer ?

- Is the double-printing different in color e.g. black image doubled with color image? or some other way?

Let me know, please. Thanks.

Thank you vey much for contacting me, I had given up because I was unable to respond to questions, then there would be a different technician so I wasn't happy.
It is connected by USB cable, no discolouration, double image on everything I print, I have Windows 10, home built unit.
Kind Regards
Al Parry

Thanks for your response, Alwyn.

I need to ask about the double image effect on printouts.

1. If there are two images comprising the double image on the page

and

2. if there is a complete image, and another complete image, or

3. if there is a complete image in one color, and a another complete image in a different color (or color combination), or

4. if there are two incomplete images, or

5. if there is a complete image and another, incomplete, image ?

An incomplete image means, whatever you meant to print, but with parts missing.

I need to get a feel for, or an image of, how the problem is working. At this point I'm not sure whether it's in the printer and a hardware malfunction (more or less), or in the computer and some sort of software problem (I doubt this a bit.) So please describe it in terms of the 5 points above... or, perhaps, post a scanned or photographed picture of a typical page with the problem ?

John, Computer Science Engineer