Thanks for your response, Alwyn.
I need to ask about the double image effect on printouts.
1. If there are two images comprising the double image on the page
2. if there is a complete image, and another complete image, or
3. if there is a complete image in one color, and a another complete image in a different color (or color combination), or
4. if there are two incomplete images, or
5. if there is a complete image and another, incomplete, image ?
An incomplete image means, whatever you meant to print, but with parts missing.
I need to get a feel for, or an image of, how the problem is working. At this point I'm not sure whether it's in the printer and a hardware malfunction (more or less), or in the computer and some sort of software problem (I doubt this a bit.) So please describe it in terms of the 5 points above... or, perhaps, post a scanned or photographed picture of a typical page with the problem ?