Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 12+ years experience.
59725966

I had a paper jam and cleared it and now the printer won't

Customer Question

Hi my name is***** had a paper jam and cleared it and now the printer won't print, I get an error message, printer is a n off ice jet pro 6830
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: the only thing is every time I try to print I get error message Oxc 19a0020 problem with print head
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, Doug.

This is not a paper jam message.

Unfortunately this error indicates a hardware problem, indicating an ink system failure.

specifically, it is the result of a bad printhead, the logic board that controls it, or a failure in the purge system.

The head is a "wear item" that fails with age/use. As this is a 2014 model printer, it is well into its 3 year service life, so this type of failure is not surprising.

There is one step you can take here, to clean and reset the system, but it is very unlikely to help. 99.9% of the time, this does come down to a hardware fault.

While it can be fixed, it is not worthwhile to do so. You would have to, at a minimum, replace the printhead, which costs about $85; if the logic board is bad you’re looking at $200-250. For $80-100 you can replace the entire machine with a brand new model, with current technology and a fresh warranty, which makes more sense than buying the new part for an older printer.

Depending how you'd like to proceed, I can advise on the cleaning/reset steps if you wish to try, help with finding parts, finding a local repair shop, or recommending replacement options for you. Just let me know.

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Did you need more help with this, Doug?