Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I had a paper jam and cleared it and now the printer won't…

Customer Question
Hi my name is*****...

Hi my name is***** had a paper jam and cleared it and now the printer won't print, I get an error message, printer is a n off ice jet pro 6830

Technician's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

The only thing is every time I try to print I get error message Oxc 19a0020 problem with print head

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Printers
2/16/2016
Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 2 years ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, Doug.

This is not a paper jam message.

Unfortunately this error indicates a hardware problem, indicating an ink system failure.

specifically, it is the result of a bad printhead, the logic board that controls it, or a failure in the purge system.

The head is a "wear item" that fails with age/use. As this is a 2014 model printer, it is well into its 3 year service life, so this type of failure is not surprising.

There is one step you can take here, to clean and reset the system, but it is very unlikely to help. 99.9% of the time, this does come down to a hardware fault.

While it can be fixed, it is not worthwhile to do so. You would have to, at a minimum, replace the printhead, which costs about $85; if the logic board is bad you’re looking at $200-250. For $80-100 you can replace the entire machine with a brand new model, with current technology and a fresh warranty, which makes more sense than buying the new part for an older printer.

Depending how you'd like to proceed, I can advise on the cleaning/reset steps if you wish to try, help with finding parts, finding a local repair shop, or recommending replacement options for you. Just let me know.

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,

Did you need more help with this, Doug?