Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Epson XP-620 I had been printing photos from Photo Gallery…

Customer Question
Epson XP-620 I had...
Epson XP-620 I had been printing photos from Photo Gallery this morning, then the printer notified me that two cartridges needed replacing , I did. Then the black cartridge had a
big fed X at t he top left. I didnot know what this meant, but I went ahead and changed
the black also.
I have put VLC media player on my computer to play DVD's. When I import the photos
from the camera, my pictures also go there.
Anyway, I have tried to finish printing my photos and cannot. When I click the Photo
that I want, you know it lightens up blue. But before I can move the mouse to the
PRINT, the blue goes away and the photo will not print.
I don't know if this is a printer or VLC problem.
Louise ****
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Printers
2/16/2016
Technician: Sowrav D., Engineer replied 2 years ago
Sowrav D.
Sowrav D., Engineer

Did you tried to uninstall VLC and then print the pictures from the gallery ?

i HAD ALREADY UNINSTALLED THE VLC AND INSTALLED IT AGAIN. i DID PRINT PHOTOS FROM PHOTO GALLERY. .
Technician: Robert M., Consultant replied 2 years ago
Robert M., Consultant

try disconecting the vlc

turning everything off waiting a minute and then turning them all on again

and re connecting the vlc.

if it prints from the computer directly than the printer should be ok. Its probably something stuck in the vlc from when it did not finish printing the first time. Those devices dont spend a lot of effort on their software. They expect things to work and don't have the fail safe recoveries that a computer has when it does not work right. restarting everything should clear it out so you can start again