Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Its ***** *****.My Canon MX922 stopped receiving faxes

Customer Question
Hi its ***** *****.My...

Hi its ***** *****.My Canon MX922 stopped receiving faxes

Technician's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Is set to receive after 2 rings. Rings only once and no fax comes through. There is a dial tone. I have no way to check if I can send a fax. I unplugged it and plugged it back in. I need to receive an important fax later but after unplugging it I Now also can't tell if it will do either till later. Is there a way to check with you? The person tried to send the fax earlier but they are away from there machine now. Hope this helps.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Printers
2/15/2016
Technician: Michael Hannigan, Technician replied 2 years ago
Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Technician

Hello. Thank you for coming to JustAnswer.

Sorry for the delay and thank you for your patience. My name is Michael. I will be helping you with your question today.

Please let me know if there as any additional information that you think might be pertinent to your question. If I don't hear back from you, I'll provide the best answer I can based on the information you've given so far. You will still be able to reply with additional information or questions at any point during our conversation, and I'll revise the my answer accordingly.

This would indicate that something else is picking up the line before the fax machine does. It most cases it is voice mail. If you have a voice mail service on the line, you may have to disable it or at least set it for more than two rings. The only other possible problem is if you have a distinctive ring service on the line. If you don't, then it's not something that has to be considered.