Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have an Epson XP-310 that is not responsive. I keep

Customer Question
I have an Epson...

I have an Epson XP-310 that is not responsive. I keep getting an error message that the ink cartridges are not installed correctly and then get "stuck" - can't set up wifi, get to home menu or even turn off the printer

Technician's Assistant: Sometimes printer issues that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Printer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Printer Technician should know?

I can't think of anything else

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Printers
2/13/2016
Technician: Russell H., Printer and Office Tech replied 2 years ago
Russell H., Printer and Office Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

What is the exact and full error message appearing on the printer?

If the cartridges are installed incorrectly (or that sort of error shows) then you cannot proceed farther of course. You must remedy the fault with the cartridges (if possible.)

So first: are you using remanufactured, or refilled, or 'Canon-compatible' cartridges? if so, these may not be recognized by the printer, and you may have to try Canon-OEM-original cartridges.

Also check as to whether the cartridges are

1. fully inserted and clicked down into place

2. colors inserted in the correct slots or positions

3. and, if they were just put into the printer, check (one at a time) as to whether the protective tape was fully removed first... do not touch the copper-colored contacts on the side of the cartridge, nor the underside, which can ruin your cartridge, or get ink on your skin too.

Let me know what you find out, and how new the printer is, and what types of cartridges you are using in it. Thanks.