Sudipto, Engineer
Experience:  DIploma in Computer Hardware
15197395

I have a Apple PowerPC G4 and have been using the HP Office

Customer Question

I have a Apple PowerPC G4 and have been using the HP Office Jet 4500 printer (OSX 10.4.11). Printer went down -- need to find a new printer but a having trouble. Any ideas???
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Printer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The printer won't feed the paper through. Rubber "wheels" won't pick up paper. Tried everything. Nothing working. Just can't print.
JA: Sometimes printer issues that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Printer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Printer Technician should know?
Customer: Tried to hand feed paper -- doesn't work. That's it.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for posting your question. The problem you are facing can be caused due to defective feed rollers and unfortunately the cost of the replacing the rollers assembly is more than the price of a new printer. But, you may not have to replace the printer at all, because there are few steps which you can follow at home to solve the problem and most of the time, following those steps solves this type of the problems. You can get the steps from the link below, please try them out and let me know if you need any further help or information, otherwise please remember to give positive rating, as that is the only way I am compensated for my time and effort.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Officejet-4500-All-in-One-Printer-Series---G510/3919445/model/3919446/document/c01969913/