Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Got new wifi router and cannon mg3500 will not print

Customer Question
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Printers
2/12/2016
Technician: Sudipto, Engineer replied 2 years ago
Sudipto, Engineer

As you have replaced the router, you have to reconnect the printer with the new router and then, you have to reinstall the printer software. You can get the detailed step by step instructions to do that from the link below, please let me know, if you get stuck on any step, otherwise please remember to give positive rating, as that is the only way I am compensated for my time and effort.

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART117514

A rip off I have no cd dics. Worthless advice. Dont charge me the remaining 15 dollars.

Do you know that, you can download the same content of the CD from the Canon website and reinstall the printer ?if you do not have any CD for the printer installation then, you can get the software and driver from the link below, just download them and use them to reinstall the software.

http://www.canoscan.com/cusa/support/consumer/printers_multifunction/pixma_mg_series/pixma_mg3520#DriversAndSoftware

I can understand that, you may be frustrated with the problem, but that does not mean that you will behave so rudely. Why are saying that, the advice was worthless ?

I can understand that, you may be frustrated with the problem, but that does not mean that you will behave so rudely. Why are you saying that, the advice was worthless ?

i do not think the reply was rude. Just a fact.I can go on internet to get advice I can not follow that is why I contacted you. it is still worthless advice

If you cannot follow then, you should have let me know that, if you can explain why you cannot follow the steps then, I may help you. I am here to do that only.

As this is a online platform, I can directly connect with your PC and help you to reinstall the printer, but before that you have to reconnect the printer with the router, because you have to do that physically, which is not possible for me to do.

Technician: Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician replied 2 years ago
Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician

I'm sorry about the issue. I'm another tech; I can help you with this. I know that setting up the printer to work with a new Wi-Fi router can be complicated, but I can make this easy for you. Can I connect remotely to your computer, so I can fix this issue directly on your computer for you? I will do all the troubleshooting steps for you. Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, 10, or mac computer?

Please let me know; we guarantee our service. Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

no thank you for your offer but I was able to resolve problem and will need no further assistance

Great, I'm glad you got it working now. We are canceling this for you. If you need help with any computer issue in the future, please come back any time. We have quick remote support, and we guarantee our service. Thank you for the update.