John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have a problem with the Brother DCP 195 C. It will not

Customer Question

I have a problem with the Brother DCP 195 C. It will not print in black. I tried the clean cycle and also replacing the black cartridge. I want to acquire a cleaning kit and try cleaning the print head. How do I do that?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Printer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Printer Technician should know?
Customer: No you can go ahead, thank you
JA: OK. Got it. Last thing - JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

There are no cleaning kits for the printer, as the clean cycle does this,

But if you do a test print as per the instructions here

http://support.brother.com/g/b/faqend.aspx?c=eu_ot&lang=en&prod=dcp6690cw_eu_as&faqid=faq00000735_010

Does black also fail to show there?

Please let me know