Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

We have Roland xc540mt and we are coming up with an error…

Customer Question
We have Roland...

We have Roland xc540mt and we are coming up with an error code 0080 0080

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Printers
2/11/2016
Technician: Louie, Technician replied 2 years ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, 0080 error is a scan motor fault; "...This is a scan motor over current error where a light load is put on the motor movement over a long period of time. Turn the power off, clear any media jam that may have occurred and turn the printer back on..."

Proposed preliminary tries (if have not been done):

• • check/clean the encoder strip;
  • • check/tighten the head carriage.

All others would require working inside the Service Menu.

Thanks Louie, are instructions on checking/tightening the head carriage readily able to be found on the internet?

Not sure if readily available but should be relatively easy as it needs an Allen key/wrench. To my recollection, a 3mm or 4mm.

All others would require the use of a Service Manual as guide for checks in the Service Menu.