Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My Epson NX420 would no longer print reason so I uninstalled…

Customer Question
My Epson NX420 would no...
My Epson NX420 would no longer print for some reason so I uninstalled it and have tried to reinstall it several times but it continues to say that the printer IP address is incorrect. Where do I find this number? Where is the USB port to connect it to that?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Printers
2/10/2016
Technician: Sudipto, Engineer replied 2 years ago
Sudipto, Engineer

Do you mean the printer is ejecting blank pages, when you tried to print ?

Do you mean the printer was ejecting blank pages, when you tried to print ?

No it did not do anything and now I can not install it again

OK, please open the link below and follow the steps to connect the printer wireless network from the begining and then, try to install the software. After that let me know, how it goes for you.

http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/SupportShowVideo.jsp?UseCookie=yes&oid=151211&void=168209

If the steps do not help then, we will try other solutions.

The printer is already hooked up to my wireless network. I can not get it installed on my computer again after I uninstalled it

What is exactly happening, when you try to install the software ?

Where is the IP address on the printer? Please read my original question.

Follow the steps below to print a network status sheet , in that sheet you will find the IP address of the printer.

1. Press the Setup button on the printer’s control panel to enter the Setup
menu.
2. Select Network Settings, then press x Start.
3. Select Print Network Status, then press x Start.
4. Press the x Start button to print a network status sheet.

I have it but I am pretty sure this is the number I entered manually and it still said wrong IP address.

That means the computer cannot communicate with the printer, please turn off the printer, router and PC and then, restart them one by one and try to reinstall and let me know.

It still says that installation failed. May be wrong IP address. Enter correct IP address. Check all connections.
Technician: Richard, Technician replied 2 years ago
Richard, Technician

Hi there and welcome

Your previous expert left the question, I will now take over

Can you tell me the make and model of your router please?