Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have replaced the black ink cartridge and it still will…

Customer Question
I have replaced the...

I have replaced the black ink cartridge and it still will not print. Other colours work

Technician's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Computer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.

Everything that I print which should be black is blank. I've run the cartridge clean programme but no change

Technician's Assistant: Last thing - JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $36) to post your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Computer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Printers
2/10/2016
Technician: Russell H., Printer and Office Tech replied 2 years ago
Russell H., Printer and Office Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

It is possible that you have a defective black cartridge. Consider changing it out for a new one - especially if there has been an interval of disuse of the printer recently, and most especially if your printer is an HP brand printer, there is a likelihood that the change of cartridge will get the black ink working again.

(Is the black not working when you do a photocopy, as well as when you print from the computer? if so, it is definitely a problem in the black ink section of the print engine inside your printer, rather than a software problem on the computer or that sort of thing.)

I may have other advice to offer, so let me know - esp. if your printer is not HP-made.

(If this by chance answers your question fully, please rate my answer. Thanks.)