Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have wireless connection between printer and Mac desktop.

Customer Question
When I tried to print...
I have wireless connection between printer and Mac desktop. When I tried to print a document I kept getting message "the printer is not connected."
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/5/2016
Technician: Ashik, Technician replied 2 years ago
Ashik, Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

First we can reset your printer and see if it works or not.

1. Goto System Preferences from the Apple menu or from the Dock.
  2. Open Print & Fax or Printers and Scanners or Printing and Scanning
  3. Control-click (Right click) on list of printers on the left side of the window, then choose "Reset printing system" from the contextual menu (or hold down Option key and click - button at bottom left and click Reset Printing System)

After resetting, your Printer will disappear from the list. Click the + button in there and add it back. Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting

printer no longer on list. where is the + button?

Before you add it, just restart your printer. The plus is at the left bottom of that list.

Also I want you to go to printer settings and make sure it has active wireless connection.

there is no list

See this picture --> http://www.howtogeek.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/650x486xadd-network-printer-on-mac.png.pagespeed.gp+jp+jw+pj+js+rj+rp+rw+ri+cp+md.ic.o5AD8TqZOo.png

On Printer (it it has LCD screen), open Setup > Network section or Wireless secion and make sure it is still connected to your WiFi