Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Just changed black ink cartridge on HP Color Laser Jet

Customer Question
2605dtm printer because prints were...
Just changed black ink cartridge on HP Color Laser Jet 2605dtm printer because prints were very light and unreadable, meter showed black ink out. After replacing cartridge print quality did not change still very light on black only, other colors print fine on same page and test print after cleaning function finished came out great, solid black lines. Have had this printer a long time and changed ink cartridges many times never had this problem.
Using Windows 10 on HP Pavilion lap top.
Hardy ***
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Printers
2/4/2016
Technician: Richard, Technician replied 2 years ago
Richard, Technician

Hi there and welcome

I want you please to run a clean. To do this, on the printer

1. Use the (LEFT ARROW) or the (RIGHT ARROW) button to select Service, and then press (SELECT).

2. Use the (LEFT ARROW) or the (RIGHT ARROW) button to select Cleaning Mode, and then press (SELECT).

A page feeds through the printer slowly. Discard the page when the process is completed.

3. Load plain letter or A4 paper when prompted.

4. Press (SELECT) again to confirm and begin the cleaning process.

Once done, tell me if it now prints correctly please