Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My printer is currently skipping several different lines…

Customer Question
My printer is currently...

My printer is currently skipping several different lines when printing. But only the black ones.

Technician's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Printer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.

When I print, sometimes the full line is not printed. The top half of a word will be printed, but not the bottom half.

Technician's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Printer Technician should know?

This only happens with black ink, not color.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Printers
2/3/2016
Technician: Robert M., Consultant replied 2 years ago
Robert M., Consultant

It could be a clogged print head that gets some ink out and then clogs then lets it out again

You can fix that by using the Automatic cleaning routine on the printer menu on the printer itself. It is usually under ink or maintenance or tools.

What is not as common but seems to fit your description better is some printer cartridges have a vent on the cartridge to allow air to get in to replace the ink that is going onto the page. If that vent is clogged than it will put some ink out and then when air does not come in fast enough it creates a vacuum and cant get ink out again until more air comes in and then it prints again. etc

if you tell me what printer it is i can find out where the air vent is. But it is usually just a pin hole or slot on the top or back. pushing it with a paper clip usually clears it. Or you could just try a new black cartridge.