Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a Brother MFC 910CN which has all new toner

Customer Question
Hello! I have a...
Hello! I have a Brother MFC 910CN which has all new toner cartridges and I just replaced the belt. No matter what I do, all the colors are washed out. I had spoken with a Brother rep about a year ago and he instructed us to calibrate the printer and that worked...however, that no longer working and I can't print anything in color from the machine. Any ideas?
Thanks!
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Printers
Just printed out a couple things and it appears that it's the reds and yellows that are REALLY off...black and blues seem totally fine!
2/2/2016
Technician: Sowrav D., Engineer replied 2 years ago
Sowrav D.
Sowrav D., Engineer

If calibration had failed to solve the problem then, the problem is with the fuser unit of the problem, I don't know why do you have chnaged the blet for this problem, because this problem can caused by these things. Fuser unit, drum or the toner cartirdges. As you have already replaced the cartridges and facing the problem with all the colors, it cannot be caused by the drum in your case, so the only thing left is the fuser unit and unfortunately, the you cannot replace the fuser unit at home. You have to send the printer for repairing.

When printing, the blue and black are fine...it's anytime there are yellow or reds is where the problem shows itself. Could that be a drum issue then?
Thanks!

Yes then, it can the the drums.