Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I do not have a designated fax number. My canon is

Customer Question
I do not have a...
I do not have a designated fax number. My canon is printerMX490. I have a home phone through my cable company. Do I have to take my phone off hook to dial the fax number or is it done automatically?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Printers
2/2/2016
Technician: Richard, Technician replied 2 years ago
Richard, Technician

Hi there and welcome

Your phone does not and cannot be off hook for this. You need to connect the Fax to the phone line and you then connect your phone via the extension on the fax machine.

Then the Fax once setup will automatically detect the fax and print it out.

You can follow the steps to set this up here

http://ugp01.c-ij.com/ij/webmanual/Manual/W/MX490%20series/EN/FAX/fax_preparing0100.html

If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you