Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have an Epson workforce 3640. It has 2 cassettes. The menu…

Customer Question
I have an Epson workforce...
I have an Epson workforce 3640. It has 2 cassettes. The menu screen for paper settings show Cassette 1 letter and Cassette 2 legal. Which is right; but when I want to print something, it says the "paper size does not match the paper source setting. Print on Legal plain paper." This situation just started. Before this it worked perfectly. How can I fix this? Thank you. Jackie Van Tassell.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Printers
2/2/2016
Technician: Joel Kalman, Engineer replied 2 years ago
Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman, Engineer

ello. My name is ***** ***** I can help you with your problem. What is your computer operating system?

The tower says HP Intel Pavilion. When I want to fax it asks what system and that's USB. Does that help? I don't have 8 year olds I can ask, sorry.

I'M GOING TO REINSTALL MT DISC FOR THE PRINTER. I NEED THIS FIXED NOW. PLEASE REFUND MY CHARGES.

ARE YOU ABLE TO REFUND MY CHARGES?

Technician: Russell H., Printer and Office Tech replied 2 years ago
Russell H., Printer and Office Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I am sorry that your case has been neglected for this much time! I'd like to try to help, on-target and on-time for you, if it's not too late.

That sort of problem, is usually caused by settings on the computer.

But it could be that your printer has somehow been set to default to legal paper in tray 1. Dubious, but also possible.

So: Either your printer's own settings for paper trays need changing, or else more likely, your computer's driver settings need changing (for paper tray and/or paper type.)

Go to

Control Panel - Devices and Printers

and find the icon for your printer, then right-click on it, and select Properties.

This brings up the printer's 'driver settings' as they are called.

In those settings, make sure the paper tray and paper type/size, are set to correspond to the actual situation, as you put it:

Cassette 1 letter and Cassette 2 legal.

And then click on OK until the printer's Properties sheet has closed.

If you still want a refund, I have no power over refunds at all; For all issues of billing, payment, subscription terms and status, etc., I must refer you to

Customer Support at JustAnswer.com, which may be contacted through:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us

They will no doubt address your concern, if you contact them, with reasonable promptness.

I ALREADY GOT AN IMMEDIATE ANSWER FROM EPSON TECHNICIAN. PLEASE DO NOT CHARGE ME FOR NOT REPLYING UNTIL 2 DAYS LATER.

As I said, as a JustAnswer.com Expert I have no power over charges at all.

I'm glad to hear the problem was solved, by whatever means. Thank you for bringing your question to us here at JustAnswer.com.

Russell H., Printer and Office Tech