John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Have a cannon iP2600 printer. When I try to print it says

Customer Question

have a cannon iP2600 printer. When I try to print it says "printer not responding".I checked all the plugs turned off and on. Did a print test and system check with cannon software and says its online.
Can you help?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 1 year ago.

I am the person that will be helping you today. May I ask how the printer is connected to your system? (usb, wifi, network, etc)

I look forward to your response.

Thank you,
Jason

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Jason. Its connected with a USB to my laptop running Windows 8.1

Thank you for the update. Being that it is connected via a usb cable, it "should" be a simple setup. Being that it is not working, the problem may be one of many. For this reason, may a remote screen sharing session with you so that I can better help you resolve this problem? When the remote begins, a chat window will appear that we can use to communicate with each other.