Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Have a cannon iP2600 printer. When I try to print it says…

Customer Question
have a cannon iP2600 printer...
have a cannon iP2600 printer. When I try to print it says "printer not responding".
I checked all the plugs turned off and on. Did a print test and system check with cannon software and says its online.
Can you help?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/31/2016
Technician: Sowrav D., Engineer replied 2 years ago
Sowrav D.
Sowrav D., Engineer

Do you use MAC or Windows ?

Its windows 8.1
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Remote Tech Support. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Sorry didnt mean to send that

Don't worry, I will not accept the phone request. Do you use an USB cable to connect the printer with the PC ?

a USB to my laptop

Do you know, how to open Devices and Printers window from your PC ?

Not sure where to find it. This windows is a little diffrent
  1. Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search.
    (If you're using a mouse, point to the upper-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer down, and then click Search.)

2. Enter Devices and Printers in the search box, and tap or click Devices and Printers.

OK im in there now

Do you see the printer icon with a check mark ?

I do

OK, now right click on the printer icon and select remove device and then, let me know when the icon disappear.

ok its gone

Now disconnect the USB cable of the prnter from the PC then, after few secs. reconnect the cable and wait for the printer icon reappear automcatically and let me know.

Where will it reappear? On the List again?

Yes, where the icon was before disappearing.

ok its installing
ok its back

OK, let me know when the icon reappear with the check mark.

Its there with check mark

Try to print and let me know.

Still pops up with window and says printer not responding

Can you confirm, if the check mark is on the Canon printer or not ?

on the iP2600

Can you restart the PC and let me know.

both the computer and printer software say its connected, but when I go to print it wont work. The test page worked fine
ill restart

Do you printed the test page from the PC ?