Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Photosmart all in one. was printing perfectly. now ink

Customer Question
Photosmart all in one...

Photosmart all in one. was printing perfectly. my name is ***** ***** ink cartridge error. can not do anything now. please help

Technician's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

On the screen it says (in Dutch) that the inkcartidge yellow is missing or damaged.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Printers
thank you, ***** ***** 23 euro through paypal
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/31/2016
Technician: Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist replied 2 years ago
Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience: A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

I see that you have requested a phone call. Since it would be international long distance to call you in Denmark? or the Netherlands? I wanted to ask if you have skype, or some other way in which I could call you.

As far as the issue at hand. Have you tried replacing the yellow ink cartridge yet?

If you haven't tried to replace the yellow cartridge that is the first thing we should try to do.

Please respond when you can and we will continue.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Swapped red and yellow cart ridge but no difference. Yellow is missing according printer.

To be clear, you have not tried a new yellow cartridge yet, correct?

This issue could be one of two things. either A, you need a new yellow cartridge.

Or B, the printhead is damaged or dirty and needs to be cleaned by hand, or replaced.

Specifically the contacts inside the printhead that read your yellow cartridge.. It should be small electrical contacts, and those contacts need to be gently cleaned.

If you try a new cartridge and it cant read it, and you try to clean the contacts and it still cannot read it. Then you may need to replace the printhead. However, It would help if I knew the exact model number of the photosmart printer you have, so I can provide model specific info about the printhead and how to clean it.

But we definitely want to try a new yellow cartridge itself.

Please respond when you can and we will continue~

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent ( 5 stars ) selected and submitted below this answer or at the top right of the screen. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

my printer is CN245B, model B110A.

Did you get a chance to run through the procedures I mentioned earlier?

Did you try replacing the yellow ink tank with a new yellow ink tank?

If it still wont recognize that the yellow ink. Then let us look at this part, its the printhead.

http://amzn.to/1NK65pv

You have that part in your machine, we either need to repair it or replace it. Due to the cost of the part, we should attempt to repair it first.

To do so, I want you to focus on the section where the yellow ink tank is supposed to go. Then refer to my blog post here and it will walk you through the cleaning process

https://correctcomputing.wordpress.com/2015/06/30/canon-mx-860-printing-failure-is-it-actually-my-printhead/

Its for a different model, but the same steps apply to the situation you are facing.

Hopefully, after cleaning your able to recognize and print yellow again.

If not, then you will have to replace the part I mentioned.

If you get stuck or have further questions let me know.

Dustin S.