Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

WP4530 CATRIDGE IS INSTALLED INCORRECTLY PRESS UNTIL IT

Customer Question
CLICKS. HAVE DONE THIS AND...
WP4530 CATRIDGE IS INSTALLED INCORRECTLY PRESS UNTIL IT CLICKS. HAVE DONE THIS AND HAS CLICKED BUT ERROR IS NOT GOING AWAY
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Printers
1/31/2016
Technician: Md. Sadique, Engineer replied 2 years ago
Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique, Engineer

Ink cartridges cannot be detected error means that either a cartridge is not clicked in correctly, the chip is dirty, faulty, or the chip contacts (in printer) are damaged.
Try following the steps below to determine which it is. Make sure the printer is powered on - unless advised otherwise.
1) Epson "ink cartridges cannot be detected" error can simply mean that the cartridges are not clicked in properly. Non genuine cartridge and particularly CISS cartridge can need a fair amount of force when installing - more than Epson genuine cartridges. Close the printer lid and/or press the "Ink" button - when finished. If the error disappears and the printer now says "Charging ink" or returns to the usual "home" display, the problem is solved. If the "Ink cartridge cannot be detected" message returns, try repeating this process once before moving to the next step.
2) Remove all the cartridges and inspect the cartridge chip and also the area on the printer where the cartridge sits. If dirty or inky, wipe it with damp tissue then polish with dry. Fit cartridge back in printer.
Tell me if it makes any difference to your problem.
Please don't rate this answer until your problem is solved. If this answer doesn't works then reply using the Reply to expert feature.
Regards,

Carried out your instructions but still not working. The message remains "try installing them again (ink cartridges) yellow

Remove all cartridges and inspect the chip contacts (in printer). Epson printers use a series of thin gold plated wire contacts that the cartridge chip slides and presses against - when cartridge is installed. These contacts can corrode, or stick to the chip, particularly if they ever had any ink contamination. The wires can sometimes bend, or even get pulled out - with cartridge, when it is removed. If this is the case, there may not be that much you can do to fix it, other than getting the printer serviced.
Note: If you can find the missing wire contact and it's not damaged, sometimes it's possible to push it back in it's slot. It's fiddly and you need careful vision, but it can be done. Be careful not to bend it or damage something else in the process.
If all the wire contacts appear fine, try cleaning them with damp cotton bud or similar until they're all spotless. Please unplug the power cord any time you're working on the chip contacts, to prevent further printer problems. When finished, install all cartridges back in printer, plug the power cord back in, turn the printer power on.
Regards,

Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique, Engineer