Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My Canon ip4920 printer will not feed the paper. I just a…

Customer Question
My Canon ip4920 printer will...
My Canon ip4920 printer will not feed the paper for printing. I just a clicking sounds.
The menu says "Support Code : 1000 No paper. Load the paper in the rear tray correctly and press the RESUME button on the printer. Paper other than plain paper will be fed from the rear tray."
Plain paper is loaded the way it's always been loaded. I'm trying to print something it has printed a couple days ago.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/30/2016
Technician: Md. Sadique, Engineer replied 2 years ago
Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique, Engineer

The most common and likely cause to this type of problem is either some foreign object/paper dust is stuck in the paper feed or inside printer.

Turn Off the printer, unplug it from the power as well as from computer completely.Then remove all paper from the paper feed unit and blow it out with compressed air a few times. With a flashlight look inside the paper feed to ensure there is nothing obstructing the paper feed mechanism down inside the printer where it is not easily seen. Then open the scanner cover by pulling up on the lower right corner of the cover. Look inside the machine and remove any foreign objects. If you see jammed paper or another item inside this area, gently pull it out.

Next, move the print head and examine under the print head. Gently, move the printhead and do not force anything.

Holding the printer in both hands , turn it upside down and gently shake it for a few seconds to see if anything falls out of the paper feed area.

Then replace everything back and try printing.

Tell me how it goes!

Please don't rate this answer until your problem is solved. If this answer doesn't works then reply using the Reply to expert feature.

Regards,

This did not solve my problem. I am trying to use matte photo paper. It isn't feeding it.

Are you able to feed normal paper?