Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

By setting it on F/T the TAD record my message, HOWEVER

Customer Question
during the recording of the...
By setting it on F/T the TAD record my message, HOWEVER during the recording of the incoming message the line keeps beeping. Any help?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Printers
1/30/2016
Technician: Michael Hannigan, Technician replied 1 year ago
Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Technician

Hello. Thank you for coming to JustAnswer.

Sorry for the delay and thank you for your patience. My name is Michael. I will be helping you with your question today. I am an Expert in the Printers category. If you feel this is not the best category for your question, let me know and I will forward it to the appropriate group of Experts.

Please let me know if there as any additional information that you think might be pertinent to your question. If I don't hear back from you, I'll provide the best answer I can based on the information you've given so far. You will still be able to reply with additional information or questions at any point during our conversation, and I'll revise the my answer accordingly.

When you say that it keeps "beeping", are you referring to the ring? One strange thing about this machine is that even if the caller hangs up, the machine will still ring the designated number of times set for the ring delay. Other than that, the only tone recorded with the message is one that occasionally sounds to let the caller know they are being recorded. That is something that is required and cannot be changed.

The other problem you may be having is if you have a SEPARATE TAD or fax machine that may also be answering. The F/T setting on this Brother machine means that you want it to handle ALL incoming calls - fax and voice, and set up the receiving appropriately. If you have a separate device answering for voice calls, it's likely that the brother machine is also picking up with the fax machine and trying to connect while the other party is leaving a message. This would be a constant set of tones that would interfere with the message. If this is what is happening, then you must have more than one device answering. I can help you sort that out if it is the case.

Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Technician