Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Brother MFC 9330 is leaving indentations on the paper, no…

Customer Question
Brother MFC 9330 is leaving...
Brother MFC 9330 is leaving indentations on the paper, no ink marks just making like embossed marks, in areas 2 and 3. I have checked all I can such as toner etc and cannot fine any marks on anything.
What can you suggest please?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Printers
1/30/2016
Technician: Russell H., Printer and Office Tech replied 2 years ago
Russell H., Printer and Office Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Try a half-way test: stop the printing process (printing one page, for simplification's sake) by opening a cover or the like, while the paper is half-way through the printer. Remove the paper, note where you removed it from, and look at it for indentations.

- If it is marked, then the problem is in the paper path *before* where the paper stopped.

- If it isn't marked yet, then the problem is in the paper path *after* where the paper was stopped.

- and if the paper is partially marked, then the place where the marks stop, is about where the problem is located.

If it isn't marked yet, you narrow it down by stopping the next one-page test print, when it is farther along in the printer.