Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Multifunction3115cn will not recognize new ink cartridge…

Customer Question
multifunction3115cn will not recognize new...
multifunction3115cn will not recognize new ink cartridge error message 039-932 replace
cartridge
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Printers
1/29/2016
Technician: Russell H., Printer and Office Tech replied 2 years ago
Russell H., Printer and Office Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Are the cartridges you are trying, genuine Dell-made ink cartridges?

Are they the right type of Dell cartridges, for this printer model? (If you tell me the cartridge 'type number', then I can verify this point for you.)

If the above points are not indicators of anything wrong, then try turning Off, and unplugging, the printer (with no cartridge in the affected slot) for at least 2 hours.

And when you put the new cartridge in next time, do not wear either a sweater, nor anything woolen in the way of clothing. Such clothes accumulate static charge, then when a new cartridge is put into the printer, it can cause a static 'zap' to get into the cartridge recognition circuitry and cause failure to recognize new cartridges, etc.