Richard, Technician
Experience:  Printer and scanner problem resolver for over 15 years
32989067

I have an epson xp 620 printer. I changed all the ink

Customer Question

I have an epson xp 620 printer. I changed all the ink cartridges and the printer cannot recognize the new cartridges. I tried to install the cartridges again and I'm getting the same answer
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It did not work
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, and you are getting the same issue with the cartridges you replaced if you put them back in correct?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, where the cartridges go into the print head, clean the bottom out, especially where the connections are made and the openings o the ink cartridges.

Let it dry, put the old ink cartridges back in and tell me if it is then functioning please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it just tells me to replace the cartridges
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Thanks

It is the print head that has faulted.

We have ruled out all other causes for this

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did what you said and now I replaced all of the cartridges and the only one that it does not recognize the black xl cartridge
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

The Black cartrisdge is the original that worked before correct?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the black xl worked before
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** the print head that has faulted.

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

your welcome

If you need anything else, please let me know and please remember the service rating via one of the stars at the top then submit

Thank you