Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I put in new ink cartridge and copies come out terrible, how…

Customer Question
I put in new ink...
I put in new ink cartridge and copies come out terrible, how do I clean printhead?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Printers
1/28/2016
Technician: Harold Hanna, Engineer replied 2 years ago
Harold Hanna
Harold Hanna, Engineer

Hello Catherine how are you? Usually there is an option to have your printer specifically clean the heads. I can look for the configuration for how to do this for you.

Technician: Michelle, Printer Expert replied 2 years ago
Michelle
Michelle, Printer Expert

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

I am sorry to know that you are facing problem with bad quality printout.

Clean the printhead

Use an automated tool from the printer control panel to clean the printhead.

1. Load plain white paper in the input tray.

2. From the control panel home screen, touch the Settings icon , and then touch Tools.

3. Touch the down arrow , and then touch Clean Printhead.

The printer cleans the printhead and then prints a test page.