Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a new HP Envoy 7640 printer connected to my computer…

Customer Question
I have a new HP...
I have a new HP Envoy 7640 printer connected to my computer via a USB cable. There is a significant delay between initiating the Print button and the page printing. In trying to print an email, it can take up to 50-60 seconds for the printer to respond. In a word or excel document, it takes about 30 seconds to print. I have accessed the HP Troubleshooting forums with no success.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Printers
1/28/2016
Technician: VanMagnus Systems, Engineer replied 2 years ago
VanMagnus Systems

Hello and thank you for choosing JA for your support needs.

How old is your Printer?

One week.

OK, the USB Cable came with the Printer? The version of Windows that you are using?

No, The cable did not come with the printer but it is fairly new. I am running Windows 8.1 Pro.
It has been 5 minutes since I responded to your question. Are you still here?

Ok, I am here. What do you mean as to the Cable being fairly new?

Does it have a sticker on it indicating its speed?

It is a Belkin without any speed ratings.

Ok, is there a model number on the cable? that would help find out its speed.

Also, what make is the PC or Laptop? DELL, HP, IBM or????

It is Lenovo laptop with an Intel i5 processor.

Ok. The Cable is there a model number or serial number on it???

I desire to make sure that the Cable is USB 2.0 or higher in speed. Then after finding that out, we can tweak Windows 8.1 to allow greater speed and leaving the USB up and ready at all times....