Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Epson nx 420 my scanner not working but printer works I get…

Customer Question
Epson nx 420 my scanner...
Epson nx 420 my scanner not working but printer works I get error code61
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Printers
1/28/2016
Technician: Harold Hanna, Engineer replied 2 years ago
Harold Hanna
Harold Hanna, Engineer

Hello Anthony how are you this evening? Do you have two posts open on this issue?

I have I need to close one

OK I think I am in both of them. Let me try to help you close one. Is this the one you want to use or the other? Or was someone else already assisting you?

this is fine

OK. What version of Windows are you using?

is it going to cost 20.00 dollars more?

Only if you want a phone call or remote tech support, that is your option. But continuing here is just fine as well it's just a little slower but there is no problem with doing it like this.

If it gets to a point where I think I need to remote into your machine or if it's easier for you to talk on the phone we could do that, but we are fine as we are with this chat.

ok lets do it without the phone call

That's fine. What version of Windows are you using?

8

Let me find the newest drivers for you to download. Give me a moment please.

ok

Please download this software. This is the newest drivers and applications for your Epson 420 printer.

were is it?

I'm sorry I thought I pasted it =)

https://ftp.epson.com/drivers/epson14988.exe

Harold i'm getting the same error communication errorcheck connection I just purchased a new one

OK. This is a brand new printer? Do you have another printer USB cable?

I just purchased and installed the new usb cable
no it's not a new printer

OK understood. Has the scanner ever worked or is it just recently doing this?

it been working for over a year

It has been working a year with Windows 8? Have there been any significant changes to your OS or anything else added since the time you have been getting this error?

no

OK I am looking into this. Where do you see the error on the printer or on the computer?

on the printer

Do you have any other issues like an empty ink cartridge? I know it doesn't make sense that it would have anything to do with the scanner, but Epson specifically says on their website it will not scan if an ink cartridge is empty.

Did you also restart after you downloaded and installed the software mentioned above?

I don't have a problem printing

I know I understand that it does not make sense for the cartridge being empty to matter. Specifically on Epson's website, it says

• You cannot scan if one of the ink cartridges is expended; you may need to replace an ink cartridge.
I restarted the printer but not the computer

OK you will need to restart the computer to ensure the drivers and software was installed completely. Did it mention the Epson Scan software?

So that was installed also? Great! Please restart your computer. I will be here when you return.

Are you having good results after restarting? Messages seem to be going slow for some reason so I want to make sure you know I didn't leave and am still here if you need further assistance, or if restarting after installing the update was able to help you.

Hello Anthony, please let me know if I was able to assist you. I believe the drivers you installed will have fixed the issue. If I was helpful, please rate my level of assistance. If you have any other questions, please ask. Thanks!