Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I downloaded Windows 10 from Windows 8.1 two days ago ;

Customer Question
since then, I am unable...
I downloaded Windows 10 from Windows 8.1 two days ago ; since then, I am unable to print any email, website, attachment using my HP Deskjet 3520 that I view on my HP Pavilion desktop.
I click on "print", and I get a page that only allows me to "save".
Is the 3520 compatible with Windows 10? Is there an update?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Printers
1/28/2016
Technician: Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician replied 2 years ago
Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician

I'm sorry about the issue. When you print, does it let you select your printer name?

Have you reinstalled the printer's driver / software yet?

Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

It looks like you are not there. When you are available, please reply back to continue. Let me provide some steps you can try when you are available.

Solution #1:

1. Right-click on the Start button (which is the windows logo icon located at the bottom left of the computer's screen), then click on Control Panel

2. Then open Hardware and Sound / Devices and Printers.

3. If you see your HP printer there, then right-click on it, then click on the option Set as default.

4. Then print something at check. If needed, when you are at the print dialog window, click on the wrong printer name at the top, then select your HP printer, then print.

Solution #2:

STEP 1:

1. Click on Start (which is the windows logo icon located at the bottom left of the computer's screen), then click on Settings.

2. Then click on System.

3. Then click on Apps & features, and if you see any HP Deskjet program there, then click on it, and remove it for now.

4. Right-click on the Start button (which is the windows logo icon located at the bottom left of the computer's screen), then click on Control Panel

; (or press at the same time the two keys Windows and R on the keyboard, then type control then click OK, then the Control Panel window will open.)

5. Then open Hardware and Sound / Devices and Printers.

6. If you see your HP printer there, then right-click on it, and click on Remove device option to remove it for now, and confirm Yes.

Solution #2:

STEP 2:

- Click on the HP website below:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-deskjet-3520-e-all-in-one-printer-series/5162504/model/5162505

, then scroll down, then click on the Download button on the right of the item "HP Deskjet 3520/Ink Advantage 3520 e-All-in-One Printer series Full Feature Software and Drivers" to download it. Then open and install it

, then your printer should work on Windows 10.

- If needed, when printing, at the dialog window, make sure to select your correct HP printer name.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me. Thank you.