Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

We put in a new printer cartridge epson printer and we are…

Customer Question
We put in a...

We put in a new printer cartridge for our epson printer and we are getting a 0xF1 error message. We tried taking it out, unpluggn it. no use yet. I

Technician's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Our cartridge says #252 instead of the other colors that say 252-I

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Printers
1/27/2016
Technician: Michelle, Printer Expert replied 2 years ago
Michelle
Michelle, Printer Expert

Hi, My name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you

Let me know the model# ***** the epson printer

Epson WF-3620

on your computer thats connected to the printer, do you have windows or macos on it

It's a mac

turn off printer

Unplug power cord

keep the ON button pressed for 10 secs

wait for a minute

plug in power cord and turn on printer

press the home button

then setup..maintenance

then ink cartridge replacement

follow the on screen steps and remove the black ink and reseat it back in

once ink charging completes try printing

let me know the status

The second I turn on the power again it gives me the beep and error message. I can't move to the home button at all

did you change all inks or just the black one

also did you remove the blue tape from the ink cartridge before installing it

the error 0xf1 is a fatal error indicating an internal fault with the printer. A reset usually clears the error if its something with the settings causing it.But we have already attempted the reset sequence and still the error is getting repeated

in such a case the fault seems to be an internal one and would need the printer to be serviced

you may contact Epson to get the same done

i hope you understand that in case of hardware faults i can suggest cleaning and reset steps but cannot fix an internal fault requiring service

I hope I've provided the information you were seeking. If you have any question feel free to ask. Please provide a rating by clicking on the smiley face below or stars on top right of the page and hit submit. Please don't rate negatively Instead reply me so that i can continue to help you answer you question further

There wasn't any blue tape. This printer is only a few months old. I did not replace all the inks...do you have a number for Epson customer service? Thx

if its within warranty, yes its best to get it serviced through epson ..their number is

United States

Phone Number:(###) ###-####/p>

Hours:

Mon.- Fri.6AM-8PM (PT)

Sat.7AM-4PM (PT)

let me know if you have any more questions

I hope I've provided the information you were seeking. If you have any question feel free to ask. Please provide a rating by clicking on the smiley face below or stars on top right of the page and hit submit

Michelle
Michelle
Michelle, Printer Expert