Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot printers, scanners, etc.
30037186

Epson XP310-The printer appears to work but I cannot get at

Customer Question

Epson XP310-The printer appears to work but I cannot get at connection between my Mac Pro and the printer. The network check says securityKey/Password ***** is FAIL. Yet my network appears ok. Now what? I cannot get a communication between computer and Printer.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Are you currently able to make a copy from the printer's glass (not printing form the computer)?

Do you mean you go to the Wi-Fi Setup wizard option or something similar on the printer's screen, then it asks for your wireless / wi-fi password/passphrase, then you enter it, but it will give error message "Security Key/Password ***** is FAIL" right?

What is the brand / model of your Internet modem/router device?

Do you have a laptop / wireless computer that is currently connected via wireless? If so, does it have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, 10, or Mac?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can scan. Once I set up WiFi with wizard & password, it tells me it has failed. This is a new Epson XP310 wireless printer. Modem is Afris ? and router is DLink. I have a wireless laptop computer with me which is a Mac.

There is a model at the back of your Dlink router; please check on it. Also, do you know how to check / confirm your wireless password ***** key?

Note: password ***** *****

- Please do the following on your Mac wireless laptop to confirm your wi-fi / wireless password ***** key / passphrase:

1. Open Finder, then select Applications, then open Utilities. Then open Keychain Access
  2. If needed, select System under Keychains column on the left. If needed, select All Items under Category on the left.
  3. Then you'll see your network name on the right column. (It will have a kind of AirPort network password.)
  4. Double-click on your network name.
  5. Select tiny box at Show password.
  6. Enter your Mac administrator's password, and press the Enter key. If you don't have one, just leave it blank and press the Enter key.
  7. Then you will see your Wi-Fi / wireless password ***** security key. It is case-sensitive.

Please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Model Dlink is DIR615. Don't know how to check or confirm wireless.

Thank you. Please do the following on your Mac wireless laptop to confirm your wi-fi / wireless password ***** key / passphrase:

4. Double-click on your network name.
  5. Select tiny box at Show password.
  7. Then you will see your Wi-Fi / wireless password ***** security key. Note: password ***** *****

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
On Utilities there is a Airplay Client & # ***** also Airplay Client Peer. but no Airport

In Utilities folder, did you open the item Keychain Access yet? Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK I'm lost. Yes, opened theKeychain Access but no password.

Did you follow all the steps? Would you like me to connect remotely to your computer, so I can fix this issue directly on your computer for you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
PLEASE!

Please accept the remote support offer, then please click on the website below to connect remotely with me:

http://www.teamviewer.com/

, there, download and install the TeamViewer application, then tell me the ID and Password ***** the TeamViewer application.

Is there any issue downloading / installing the TeamViewer application?

- Or you can try this new solution:

1. Click on the website below:

http://192.168.0.1

2. Then when prompted, select admin or enter admin for the username and leave the password ***** (don't type anything for the password), then login.

3. Click on the Wireless Settings option on the left.

4. Click on the Manual... option on the right if available.

5. Then you should see your key / passphrase / passphrase there. If not, then there, delete the dots, then type the password ***** key with anything you want (and remember it), then click on Save settings (or apply / ok) at the top (or bottom.)

; (Note: If you change the key / password, then on the Mac laptop, click on the Wi-Fi / wireless signal icon at the top, then select / connect to your wireless network name, then enter your password ***** key.)

7. Then try the printer again.

If needed, for the first solution, you can watch the video instructions at

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VDyUnn03vM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXjMbGVB1O8