Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Just installed Windows 10 and my Lexmark 7350 printer will…

Customer Question
Just installed Windows 10 and...
Just installed Windows 10 and my Lexmark 7350 printer will not print, I tried to install with CD rom and it will not install
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Printers
1/26/2016
Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 2 years ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Sadly, there really is nothing to be done here.

Unfortunately this printer is not officially supported in windows 10.

All lexmark inkjet printers were discontinued many years ago and are no longer supported by them in any form. Lexmark will not be releasing a windows 10 driver.

You can attempt to use the older win7 driver, but will have limited functionality at best (draft quality black prints only, no scanning, no advanced options, etc). Even the win 7 drivers are no longer available from lexmark for download however. Unless you have a saved copy from a prior install, your next best option is to try to let windows auto detect the printer and select a suitable built in driver, though windows is not supporting these either. The original cd files would not work at this point as they were for vista/xp, which are also long discontinued and not supported under win10

Realistically replacement of the printer will be the only practical option here, unless you want to roll back to a prior version of windows, as there is no current or future support planned for these machines, and this is an 8 year old printer model that was designed for a maximum service life of only 3 years. This machine has served its life many times over and greatly exceeded any value that could be reasonably expected of it.

Even if you could get it working for now, it is so far past its service life that components like the printhead and absorber system will be expected to fail any day now, and ultimately require replacement anyway.

If you'd like some suggestions for a suitable replacement printer, which really is the best (and only) option here, I'd be happy to advise on that.

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,

Looks like I will go back to Windows 7

That is an option, but it is a difficult process, just to warn you.

You should have a "restore point" created from prior to the update that you can use to roll back.

Best of luck to you,

--

Please note:

I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in an effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. This site works on the honor system, and to that end, I have prioritized working with you ahead of other paying customers.

Although you’ve already paid your fee to the site, I am only compensated for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. Again I apologize there is not a better outcome here, though this is really beyond either of our control. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a 5 star rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately.