Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Wf-3620Ineed to install the printer and the scanner to the…

Customer Question
wf-3620Ineed to install the printer...
wf-3620Ineed to install the printer and the scanner to the lenovo computer I previously had it on my old dell pc Iloss my disk. Help
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Printers
1/26/2016
Technician: Harold Hanna, Engineer replied 2 years ago
Harold Hanna
Harold Hanna, Engineer

Hello how are you today? What OS are you using?

what is os
no I WILL TYPE
i CAN' T AFFORD ANY ADDITIONAL MONEY .
I NEED THE PRINTER AND THE SCANNER FOR COMMUNICATION AND MAYBE A JOB.
ARE YOU STILL THERE
WHAT IS GOING ON

I apologize for some reason this did not refresh on my screen.

What operating system are you using?

I NEED TO SEND A FAX AND SCAN SOMETNING I DON'T UNDER UNDERSTAND WHEN U SAY WHAT OS I'M USING

OK so with the scanner itself you have it hooked up to a phone line? I see above you said you need to install the software.

That is why I am asking what operating system you have so I can try to find you the correct software. Is it windows?

WINDOW 8

OK great. I am going to look for the software download for you. I asked about the fax and if it is hooked up to a phone cable, because often times people will scan instead of fax, and just email the document. It is your preference of course.

This is the link to the software. Please download and install this. Please ask if you have any questions during the installation and I will assist you.

https://ftp.epson.com/drivers/epson15400.exe

While that is downloading, do you have any questions about cables or anything else with the connections?

THE SYSTEM PASSWORD ***** (###) ###-####WIFI PASS WORD(###) ###-####
MAC ADDRESS B0:E7:54:64:CD:C8
ALL THE GREEN LIGHTS ARE ON:

OK. How is the printer setup going?

NOT GOOD I KEEP GETTING THE ERROR CODE

What error code are you getting?

What happened with the installation of the recommended download?

CHECK THE WAP

You are trying to set up the printer with WIFI?

Are you able to use the USB cord with the printer? I want to use the easiest method to get your printer working. Once it works you can use it for your communication with employers. After that, we could attempt wifi if you would like?

I WAS NOT I HAVE AN ETHERNET TO THE PRINTER AND TO THE COMPUTER

Are you able to print out the network settings? When you say the USB port didn't work, could we try it again? I believe it should work with the download I mentioned above.

TO THE MODEM AND THE COMPUTER
OK
WHAT IS THE NETWORK SETTING

The network settings are what you would use to configure it to your router. I believe this is a harder step then using the USB cord. Our best bet will be to attempt with the USB cord. If it's a standalone fax machine you do not need to plug it into a modem.

WHAT DO INEED TO DO

Plug the USB cord into the computer. Did you download that software I mentioned above?

THE USB COR IS THAT THE ETHERNET PLUG.

No sir. The USB cord for a printer is usually somewhat squarish on one end, and then a USB port on the other end. I will find a picture.

http://cableforge.com/10ft-canon-pixma-mg3520-usb-a-to-usb-b-printer-cable-printing-cord.html

SQUARE ON EACH END I HAVE THAT PLUG IN DO I NEED TO TAKE THE ETHERNET CORD OUT OF THE COMPUTER

Yes we do not need that.

Does the cord you have plugged in look like the one in the picture I sent? And did the file I mentioned above finish downloading?

Are you still there?

no

Do you still need assistance?

I do not want to switch to live phone call. I still need to connect scanner

OK that is fine. I am here to assist you. How far along did you get since last time we talked? Did you get the USB cord plugged in?

I did find the usb plug and thanks I was able to use the scanner this morning 1-29-16.
I am still trying to find where and how to click on the all program and how to get to word I am lost

I am happy to have helped with the printer installation! When you say trying to find all program, did you also update your version of Windows? To find Word, you should be able to click the Windows key at the bottom left, and then type in word. Then, it should automatically search and bring up the proper Word icon that you can click on. Let me know if you have any other questions!

Harold Hanna
Harold Hanna
Harold Hanna, Engineer