Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a mp150 how do i find the waste ink absorber

Customer Question
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Printers
1/25/2016
Technician: Sowrav D., Engineer replied 2 years ago
Sowrav D.
Sowrav D., Engineer

The waste ink absorber is not a user replacable part, so if you wantt to clean it, theen you have to do it at your own risk. You can follow the steps from the link below to remove and clean the absorber, after that follow the steps below to reset the ink absorber, please remember you have to follow tthe same steps more than once to reset the counter.

http://smallbusiness.chron.com/clean-canon-ink-absorber-57609.html

PROCEDURE

I. Enter Service Mode:

• Plug in power cable
  • Hold down STOP/RESET button
  • Hold down POWER button
  • Release STOP/RESET
  • Press STOP/RESET twice in a row

II.Execute Waste Ink Counter Reset Operation:

• Press STOP/RESET button 4 times (Indicator lamp will blink alternately Orange/Green each time the button is pressed)
  • Turn off the printer by pressing POWER button (wait until the printer is completely OFF)

When you turn on the printer,waste ink absorber full error is cleared and the printer work normally.

Original source: http://ij-forum.blogspot.com/2010/01/reset-waste-ink-counter-canon-pixma.html#ixzz3yHiLDtWy