Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My Epson 545 all in one printer scanner fax, the fax stop…

Customer Question
my Epson 545 all in...
my Epson 545 all in one printer scanner fax, the fax stop working this summer after a thunderstorm, the phone line to the fax works as I hooked up a phone and have a dial tone. but non ehat the printer is hooked up. could it be the modem?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Printers
1/25/2016
Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 2 years ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, Teresa.

When you try to send, despite what it says on the screen, do you hear it dialing or listening for a tone?
Are you sure you have it hooked up correctly, with the phone cord to the #1 (line/wall) port, and not the #2 (tel/ext) port?